Thursday, September 9, 2010

WTH APPLE?


mwahahahaha, I have good reason to apple hate! ping, the new service announced recently at the apple music event, is the main reason for my outrage. before I get to into it though I feel the need to backtrack.

All the way back in November 2006, a large company spent millions of dollars to make their own music player. the company was called Microsoft, and the product was called the Zune 30.

laughter broke out among apple fans. they said things like "aren't you a little late Microsoft?" and they said more things like "Microsoft is such a copy cat company". well, the tables have turned. guess who was the first company to integrate a social network into their music players, and their computer software. MICROSOFT!!!!!! of course the mass media, the same media who is against any company who is successfully competing with an "underdog company", says that "apple is innovating, they are pioneering a social network for music!" I wonder how Myspace feels about all this innovation, the first goal of Myspace was to provide an easy way for artists to reach fans. It seems like all apple is doing is copying other companies and calling it an "innovation."

well, there you have it, my opinion of Ping. for the record, I never said it would fail, I just said it was a blatant ripoff of Microsoft, and Myspace. in all likelihood, it won't fail, it is apple we are talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment